Research by John Hattie, Dylan Wiliam and Michael Fullan has demonstrated the powerful impact of the:
a) change of mind-set in teachers when they choose to be researchers and lifelong learners
b) importance of cultivating growth mindsets in learners
c) impact of professional learning communities.
A unique opportunity to spend an afternoon with acclaimed researcher and presenter, Professor Bill Lucas, to explore the many ways in which the Expansive Education Network is helping teachers to develop the confidence and skill to undertake their own professional enquiries to improve learning outcomes in the classroom.
• Think about what you really want pupils to leave school being able to do and know
• Learn how to identify a research question
• Hear case studies from teachers in the region who have undertaken action research
• Understand how to support teacher enquiry and professional development on a whole school basis
• Explore how teacher enquiry as CPD supports expansive education - developing positive attributes in learners, preparing individuals to meet the challenges of life and work.